This list is geared towards CKD because I have CKD and can relate to it. But, they can be adapted for anyone with any Chronic Illness.
There is nothing worse than getting a gift that someone put no thought into at all. Or, you get invited somewhere for a holiday party or dinner, and there is nothing you can eat. So here we go.
- Most people with CKD have issues with Anemia at one time or another and are therefore colder than other people. Gifts to help them stay warm such as hats, scarfs, mittens these are even better if handmade with love. Handwarmers that can be reused and put in pockets, heating pads, and blankets, warm socks, and shoes.
- People with CKD may also suffer from chronic pain, stress, and anxiety with limited medications they can use to relieve pain. Items like Massage, Guided Imagery, Aromatherapy, Reiki, Reflexology, Spa days, etc make wonderful gifts for someone with CKD or other chronic illnesses
- Gift cards for whole food stores, or places that sell organic foods with fewer preservatives and chemicals.
- Carts and bags with wheels for easy shopping or that can attach to a walker or wheelchair.
- Consideration and love. This is probably the most important. When someone with CKD or a Chronic Illness goes to a dinner or party and there is nothing that is safe for them to eat, it is deflating. Ask them what you can prepare for them that they can safely eat. Christmas is about love, and kindness, don’t be selfish and not put in a little extra consideration.
- I have to add this one. Save a life and donate a kidney if you can. Learn more about kidney donation at AKF, or NKF. If you are absolutely someone who does not feel you would do that, donate to one of those organizations, or one near you, to help save the life of someone with kidney disease.
None of that is meant to make you feel bad or guilty. It is simply to help you be more mindful of others and their conditions. Everyone should be more Mindful, every day. I love all of you who take the time to read what I share. Blessings and much love to all of you!
#healthbuddymelissa, #CKD, #kidneydisease, #giftgiving, #considerate, #anemia, #pain, #renalfailure, #AKF, #NKF, #mindful, #conditions, #healthyliving, #healthcoach, #holistichealth, #healthcoach, #lifecoach